Useful Tips

Construction Loans Documents needed for lenders

Every lender has their own terms and conditions, and this is intended only as a general guide to understanding this topic. Contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.

This is a list of the documents you may need to provide to a lender during each step of the loan process:

Lenders will require a Fixed Price Building Contract (FPBC) by a Registered Builder.

To obtain Loan Pre-approval:
Draft plans.
Draft copy of FPBC or Builders Quote.

For the Tentative on Completion (ToC) Valuation:
Draft plans.
FPBC (doesn’t have to be signed).
Specifications of building works, fitouts & fixtures.

For Unconditional loan approval:
Council approved plans and specifications.
Building permit.
Builder’s all risk insurance policy – Contract work / public liability.
Builder’s licence and/or registration.
Home owners warranty insurance policy,

For Progress Draws of each completed construction stage:
Lender’s Progress Payment claim form
Builder’s progress claim or invoice.

For the Final progress payment once the construction is complete:
Certificate of Occupancy Permit
Building Insurance certificate of currency
The lender may require a final valuation before the final payment, and this can only be done on receipt of the certificate of occupancy.

There are different steps & requirements for Owner Builders.